Updated as of July 2019
Summary: This blog shares the top 10 beaches in Cebu. All needed details for each featured beach are laid out in the post including operating hours, entrance fee, and location. Moreover, this Cebu beach blog is intended for DIY budget travelers, either solo, family or traveling in group.
TOP 10 BEACHES IN CEBU
There is no arguing, Cebu is home to some of the finest and most awesome beaches in the Philippines. When it is summer time, it is a go-to destination to beat the summer heat! Check out 10 of the best and affordable beaches in Cebu. All of these are outside Cebu city. 😉
PARADISE BEACH OF BANTAYAN ISLAND
The quiet, clean and secluded Paradise beach (or now known as Sandira beach). It’s a long strip of white, mostly powdery sand with a shallow, azure waters. Entrance fee is P50 for adults and P25 for kids. The private beach operates from 9AM to 5PM and does not offer cottages and food or drinks to keep it from becoming too commercial and touristy.
ANIKA BEACH RESORT OF BANTAYAN ISLAND
Another ivory, white beach in Santa Fe, Anika beach resort is one of the finest that you can find in the island in terms of service and accommodation. Contact them at +63 917 328 4898.
KOTA BEACH OF BANTAYAN ISLAND
The white, coralline sand of Kota beach at Santa Fe. The beach offers accommodation. Contact them at +63 956 276 4410, +63 948 799 3787.
MARLINS BEACH OF BANTAYAN ISLAND
The beach share the same shore with Kota beach but has a more “homey” atmosphere compared to its neighbor. Contact them at 032) 438 9093.
WHITE BEACH OR BASDAKU OF MOALBOAL
Beach bumming at the long strip of white sand at White (Basdaku) beach, Moalboal. The place makes for an excellent spot to grace the sunset.
LANGUB BEACH OF MALAPASCUA ISLAND
The best that Malapascua island can offer. It is a long slice of white sand devoted to entertain tourists for its natural beauty.
The newest addition to a strong line up of white beaches in North Cebu. The best part in coming to the island is the warm hospitality of its people.
LAMBUG BEACH OF BADIAN
A staple for a weekend destination for locals in South Cebu, Lambug beach is a popular destination because it is a public area, clean and a top class when it comes to the quality of sand. However, never a worry, the beach never gets too crowded since it has enough space to cater all kinds of frills that its visitors bring.
SUMILON ISLAND OF OSLOB
Apart from its sandbar, the island is also notable for its white, coarse sand and cool blue waters that nestles a rich marine life. Most of the island is owned by Bluewater beach resort. Contact them at (032) 481 0801. The public area of the island can be reached by renting an outrigger boat at the mainland where the whale shark watching is arranged. Boat rent is P1,500.
SANTIAGO BAY OF CAMOTES ISLAND
A public beach with a blanket of powdery, white sand. The beach faces east and is a perfect location to wait for the sun as it rises in the morning.
WHERE TO STAY IN CEBU CITY
Except during Sinulog festival, Cebu City is walk-in ready when it comes to accommodation. But, it is highly suggested to book your stay ahead of time. Below are top-reviewed budget to mid-range accommodations from the key areas around Cebu City. Click the photo for the rate and availability of each suggested accommodation.
Go on a hassle-free 3-Day Cebu Highlights Tour from KLOOK. Click the link for details.
SEARCH FOR MORE DISCOUNTED KLOOK ACTIVITIES IN CEBU.
TYPE CEBU AND CLICK SEARCH:
HOW TO GET TO CEBU
Here are your options in getting to Cebu.
There are 50 domestic and international cities that fly to Cebu. Here is the list Specific to these cheaper airlines: Cebu Pacific and AirAsia, below are the major destinations:
- Puerto Princesa, Palawan
- Cagayan de Oro
- Kalibo (Boracay)
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Tokyo, Japan
You will arrive at Mactan International Airport. To know how to get to either Cebu city, South Cebu or North Cebu from the airport, click here!
Here are nearby provinces that offer a ferry trip to Cebu:
Although available, traveling by ferry from Manila or Cagayan de Oro is highly discouraged as travel consumes close to 1 day.
Find available schedule and tickets of bus, ferry and plane from your location to Cebu using the search box below:
MORE OF CEBU
- Cebu Budget Travel Guide
- Cebu City Heritage Walk Tour
- A Mountain Peak Trilogy – Osmeña, Casino and Candongao peak of Dalaguete, Cebu
- Top 30 Tourist Spots in Cebu
- Top 7 Waterfalls in South Cebu
- Layover Travel Guide for Mactan, Cebu
- Bantayan Island Budget Travel Guide
- Top Attractions in South Cebu
Like in any parts of the Philippines, the locals can speak English in Cebu. However, here are some good phrases that might prove useful when you find yourself endearing with them.
English to Cebuano (the most prevalent language among the locals in South Cebu)
Thank you – Salamat
Good morning – Maayong buntag
Good afternoon – Maayong hapon
Good evening – Maayong gabii
How much is… – Pila ang…
Where is… – Asa ang…
EXTEND YOUR TRIP
- Baguio Budget Travel Guide
- Balabac Budget Travel Guide
- Baler Budget Travel Guide
- Batanes Budget Travel Guide
- Cordillera Budget Travel Guide
- El Nido Budget Travel Guide
- Laoag Budget Travel Guide
- Manila Budget Travel Guide
- Pagudpud Budget Travel Guide
- Palaui Island Budget Travel Guide
- Pangasinan Budget Travel Guide
- Puerto Princesa Budget Travel Guide
- San Vicente Budget Travel Guide
- Sagada Budget Travel Guide
- Vigan Budget Travel Guide
- Zambales Budget Travel Guide
- Apo Island Budget Travel Guide
- Bacolod Budget Travel Guide
- Boracay Budget Travel Guide
- Dumaguete Budget Travel Guide
- Gigantes Islands Budget Travel Guide
- Iloilo Budget Travel Guide
- Negros Budget Travel Guide
- Sipalay Budget Travel Guide
- Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
- Bangkok, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Chiang Mai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Chiang Rai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Budget Travel Guide
- Johor Bahru, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Penang, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia Budget Travel Guide
- Siem Reap, Cambodia Budget Travel Guide
- Singapore Budget Travel Guide
- Sukhothai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
Get assisted with your Visa application online for any of these countries using the “search box” below:
BE A RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER
And lastly, don’t forget to be awesome! 😉
DON’T STOP HERE
Read more posts by clicking any category below:
Did you find this article helpful? Show some love. Leave a comment or share to friends.
Get exclusive travel tips, giveaways and more for FREE via email!
Or FOLLOW my adventures in any of my social media platforms: