Hey there! I’m Ker, The Fun-sized Traveller. Fun-size because I’m a short guy from the Philippines. Thanks for checking my blog. In case you are keen on knowing more, read below. 😉
How did I start blogging?
To be plain about it, I was bored at work that had been almost a routine for more than a decade so I turned my attention to something I am passionate about – travel, photography and writing.
I find that travel photos and narratives hold a lasting memory – the sense of nostalgia that transports you back to places as you look at or read them — that kind of feel I so want to cherish and relive, so when I reached my 30th birthday, with the desire to get a clear picture of another quarter life, I began documenting my travel. It started by simply taking photos, adding a few captions until I was fully writing them, then voila, it became this blog!
Why travel blog?
I love to travel. Whenever I do, I think of it as a sort of immersion to one aspect of reality. For me, there is nothing more liberating than becoming more aware of the world as you go to places, meet people and live through different cultures; as you find yourself stumbling to compose upon unexpected situation while you wear off that stolen comfort from home.
Travel has positively impacted my personal life, and so by sharing my experience, perhaps I could make you feel what I have felt, or better yet make you:
- Find new fondness for traveling
- Learn tips and ideas for your next travel adventure, even in small ways
- Discover new places that are outside of your travel radar
- Escape the rut of a sedentary life, by taking you to places as you read my posts, I hope so 😉
- Enjoy new attractions even at the comfort of your home
- Or in a bigger scale, take a new understanding about the world… about humanity hehe.
What are my plans for this blog?
The plan is to keep on improving the content of this site as I extend myself for collaboration with other content creators. It has been my priority to make this site the go-to blog for travellers and tourists by sharing a comprehensive information and an honest review of the places I’ve been to.
An honest review of places – this serves as my guiding principle as I pursue this blog. Don’t get me wrong. I try to get the best angle as I take photo shots of the place. However, travel blogging for me should not be all about accentuating the good stuff, but finding a balance between an honest representation of the place and sharing an actual experience to help out other travelers get a speck of authenticity as they plan to travel.
My travel review follows a 1-5 rating scale. A quintessential destination gets a five (5). It is guided by the following questions, which I believe are essential in a travel experience:
- Is the destination cost-friendly?
- Does it give a quality and unique travel experience?
- Is it accessible?
- Can it handle a multitude of visitors?
- Is it safe?
I want to be engaging with my visitors as much as possible, so in case you have a suggestion or anything for my site, drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I’d be delighted to hearing from you.
Also, if you are keen on following my adventure, I post regular travel updates on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube. I am more engaging on these channels so feel free to say hello. Let’s catch up there!
SHOW SOME LOVE!
If my articles have helped you in anyway, you can return the favor by subscribing to my Youtube channel so I can monetize my videos where I would primarily source out funds to maintain this website and reach out to more travelers.
To subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel, click this link: @thefunsizedtraveller
If it sounds too much, you can also help improve this blog by sharing tips and suggestions in the comment section. That too will surely be appreciated.
DON’T STOP HERE
Visit the Fun-sized Traveller community in Facebook if you want to ask questions, meet other travelers, or share your travel interests. Check the group via this LINK.
Also, you can inspire your next trip by checking the blogs below:
- Baguio Budget Travel Guide
- Balabac Budget Travel Guide
- Baler Budget Travel Guide
- Batanes Budget Travel Guide
- Cordillera Budget Travel Guide
- El Nido Budget Travel Guide
- Laoag Budget Travel Guide
- Manila Budget Travel Guide
- Pagudpud Budget Travel Guide
- Palaui Island Budget Travel Guide
- Pangasinan Budget Travel Guide
- Puerto Princesa Budget Travel Guide
- San Vicente Budget Travel Guide
- Sagada Budget Travel Guide
- Vigan Budget Travel Guide
- Zambales Budget Travel Guide
- Apo Island Budget Travel Guide
- Bacolod Budget Travel Guide
- Boracay Budget Travel Guide
- Cebu Budget Travel Guide
- Dumaguete Budget Travel Guide
- Gigantes Islands Budget Travel Guide
- Iloilo Budget Travel Guide
- Negros Budget Travel Guide
- Sipalay Budget Travel Guide
- Siquijor Budget Travel Guide
- Bangkok, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Chiang Mai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Chiang Rai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam Budget Travel Guide
- Johor Bahru, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Penang, Malaysia Budget Travel Guide
- Phnom Penh, Cambodia Budget Travel Guide
- Siem Reap, Cambodia Budget Travel Guide
- Singapore Budget Travel Guide
- Sukhothai, Thailand Budget Travel Guide
BE A RESPONSIBLE TRAVELER